TYPE: Anionic surfactant
FORM: White powder
FUNCTION: Foaming surfactant
QUALITY: Plant-based (coconut oil) and synthetic.
COMPOSITION: Esterified derivative of coconut oil fatty acids.
PRESENTATION: the packaging shown above is a general representation of the various sizes and types of packaging available for this product ● The product can be packed in the following packages: in a plastic zipped bag.
CAS No.: 61789-32-0
EC No.: 263-052-5
INCI & PRODUCT TYPE: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate
COUNTRY and REGION of PRODUCTION: Germany
– Definition: A surfactant is a compound which modifies the surface tension between two surfaces (that is to say the tension which exists on the surface of separation of two media). The surfactant compounds are amphiphilic molecules, that is to say that they have two parts of different polarity, one lipophilic which has a strong affinity with fats, the other hydrophilic which has a strong affinity with water.
– Functions of surfactants: depending on their structure, surfactants can have different functions:
* detergent (or cleaning) agent: i.e. capable of removing impurities or dirt;
* foaming agent: acting on the water-air interface, this type of agent allows the dispersion of a large volume of gas in a small volume of liquid and therefore the formation of foam;
* wetting agent: this type of agent allows greater spreading of a liquid on a solid;
* emulsifier: an emulsifier makes it possible to mix two immiscible liquids, for example water and oil, and thus to form an “emulsion”;
* conditioning agent: this type of surfactant combines with keratin or the skin to make them smooth and silky.
– Types of surfactants:
there are four types of surfactant compounds, which are grouped according to the nature of the hydrophilic part:
* anionic surfactants: the hydrophilic part is negatively charged (anion). These surfactants are particularly detergent;
* cationic surfactants: the hydrophilic part is positively charged (cation);
* amphoteric surfactants: comprising two charges, one positive and one negative;
* non-ionic surfactants: the molecule has no charge. These are our favorite surfactants because they are biodegradable and allow the production of skincare products that are well tolerated by the skin.
✈️ SHIPPING – Standard International (registered, priority postage with tracking number). WE SHIP ORDER THE SAME DAY! ✈️